Saturday, June 30, 2012

Less Is More: Never Give Up!

I have reached a high point in my crafting career!

Chrissie and Mandi from Less Is More asked me to be a guest designer!!

When they asked me a few weeks ago, I wanted so badly to tell someone.  Since it was a secret, I could only tell my husband and two boys...they looked up from their manly pursuits, said "good job" and went on with their lives.  Not quite the reaction I had hoped for.  How could I explain to them how wonderful Less Is More is??

I missed the first two weeks of LIM challenges - but I was there on week three!!  It was fairly early in the life of my blog.  I would like to say that we "grew up together" - but the reality is that they came out with a bang.  From the first, they were getting hundreds of participants in their challenges.  Does everybody remember Week 33 - with 782 entrants??  It's all due to Chrissie and Mandi - they think of fun challenges, create fantastic inspiration cards and motivate us each week with their comments!  Thank you so much!

This week's challenge is to be inspired by their logo.


Happily, the light bulb came on right away - this was literally a five minute card!  The die cut floral was inspired by the flourished frame (with a hint of flower and leaves).  Then the main sentiment box edged in brown, followed by a small tan item to the right.  I had originally envisioned very lightly embossed music (because that is my favorite part of the logo), but just didn't have the right tools to do it!


Never Give Up

The recipe is simple...a lovely Memory Box die (Honeyblossom), a graphic butterfly (Stampin' Up Papillon Potpourri and punch) and a bold sentiment (Verve Believe).

Thank you again to Chrissie and Mandi for featuring my card and for bringing us their challenges each week!

No comments:

Post a Comment