Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bird of Hope

I know an incredible family from church.  They are very blessed financially, yet the father uses his time to run a local food bank as a full-time "volunteer".  They are also very busy keeping up with their five young children (including a set of triplets!).  But no one's life is ever as easy as it may look...the mother has just been diagnosed with breast cancer and has undergone a double mastectomy.  My heart and my prayers go out to this family.

I created this simple little card to let them know that people care and are praying...


Bird of Hope

This is definitely not a great photo - but I wanted to keep the shadows on the card to highlight the subtle embossing. 

I used the sketch from retrosketches and, as I wanted to keep it cheerful, I played along with the CAS-ual Fridays challenge to use bling.



  • Stamps: unknown "Hope"
  • Paper: white
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug large border embossing folder (done one way, then flipped and embossed the other way), bird and swirl stickers (they say "White Blossom" which I have never heard of, but I found them at one of the big box stores - there's a sheet of the birds and another sheet of the swirls), Quickutz tag, crochet thread

No comments:

Post a Comment