Saturday, June 9, 2012

Dynamic Duos #6: Regal Rose and Basic Gray

It's the second week of the month, so for the Dynamic Duos challenge, the theme is "Subtly Yours".  For this month, we have chosen the colors Regal Rose and Basic Gray.



Dynamic Duos Challenge


I think the official definition of the second week color challenge is "soft, romantic colors".  I don't think a circus seal is particularly romantic, but I love the soft look of this card - using a stamp I typically go bold and bright with.

Something that is not evident in the above photo is the embossing technique.  I was playing on Pinterest the other day and found this link to "In and Out Embossing".  I love her amazing samples - the technique is so simple, so obvious (but not to me!) and a wonderful effect.  Here's a close-up of my card, using one of the same embossing folders that she demonstrated.  I am looking forward to playing with others!



Dynamic Duos Challenge

I do hope you choose to play along with our subtle color combo.  Check out the amazing design team samples, play along and head back to Dynamic Duos to link up and let us see your creation!


  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Under the Big Top
  • Paper: Stampin' Up White, Basic Gray, Regal Rose CS and dsp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Basic Gray, Regal Rose copic*
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug Seeing Spots Embossing Folder, dotted ribbon from Michaels, gingham ribbon from American Crafts, Rose Grosgrain (a retired Stampin' Up ribbon), Nestabilities lables, Oyster Divine Twine, Inkssentials white pen (on the cake)
BIG NEWS: The downloadable Stampin' Up Copic Chart on my sidebar
has been updated for Copic matches to the brand new in-colors!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment