Monday, December 27, 2010

TWO SplitCoast Challenges

Having the children home from school is a love/hate thing with me.  I am actually a much better mother if they are gone all day and I finish all my chores and girl-time.  On the other hand, when I don't have to get up on Monday morning and rush around trying to pack backpacks, deposit lunch money, find missing homework and bus passes - I actually get to do BOTH Monday SplitCoast challenges!


Set 291, 292 - Garden Collage, Burst Into Bloom

Today's Clean and Simple challenge on SplitCoast is a color challenge: Chocolate, Crumb, Wasabi and White:

This didn't turn out as exactly what I personally call CAS.  To me, CAS is a layer or two and a lot of white space.  But everybody has VERY different definitions of CAS so I went with it.  I love this small bird - I can't believe that I had never used this set.


Set 293 - Elegant Inspirations

Todays' technique challenge at SplitCoast was to make a ribbon bookmark.


I really never branch out into other paper crafts besides cards...not that I wouldn't want to but there are always cards to make for church.  This was a fun change for me...and I liked it...I might have to "branch out" more often!

Gentle Thoughts
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Garden Collage, Burst Into Bloom (the small flowers on the kraft strip)
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Chocolate, Crumb Cake
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Chocolate, Crumb Cake, Wasabi, White, Chocolate dsp
  • Accessories: Punch Bunch leaf punch, colored pencils
I Can Do All Things bookmark
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Elegant Inspirations
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Chocolate
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Chocolate
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Riding Hood Red ribbons, nestie squares, unknown charm

No comments:

Post a Comment