Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Blessings

Today in the city of David
a Savior has been born to you;
He is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:11

I hope your Christmas has been merry!

Christmas Eve is always very busy for us.  My oldest son and I were involved in all three church services last night.  I played organ/piano duets and in the bell choir.  My son worked in the sound booth taping the services and then he was a little "elf" helper for the bell choir.  Between services, all of us who were there for the evening were served a wonderful lasagna dinner.  My husband and youngest son came for one of the services and then they hung out at home eating leftovers!!

I love all of the the church services but I am exhausted!  After all the rush of this month and our busy Christmas Eve, the "peace" of Christmas is finally descending on me this morning. I am sitting here on Christmas morning in complete surprise that my children are not up yet for presents.  So I am enjoying a cup of coffee and reading blogs.  What a wonderful way to start my day!

I have a few last Christmas cards to share. 

For my husband - I'm not saying he's overweight...
OK, maybe I am.  He is also totally scruffy as he
participated in No-Shave November and hasn't
shaved it off yet!

For my youngest - Erik is my stubborn and
opinionated child so we tend to regularly
find ourselves at odds.  I'm hoping he
is amused by this instead of thinking I'm
making a statement!

For my oldest - Andrew is my teenager, with the typical
teen sense of humor.  I thought that he would
appreciate this odd little play on words

I also made sets of cards as a Christmas gift for our bell choir director and for our church pianist/organist. 

This was for the bell choir director for all of us to sign.






As much as I love Christmas colors and papers and glitter and beautiful stamps, I am glad to be done with all of the cards.  I'm going to spend tomorrow getting them all put away and then I need to get back to my goal of using all of my SU sets!!  I only have one week to finish.  Watch for lots and lots of posts!

Four Stages of Life Santa
  • Stamps: Darcie's Clear Set
  • Inks: Memento black, copics, Stampin' Up Creamy Caramel (on edges)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Bashful Blue, Garden Green, unknown dsp scrap
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Poppy ribbon, decorative label punch, Cuttlebug snowflakes, Martha Stewart white flock

Is It Too Late?
  • Stamps: The Cat's Pajamas (Note: the sentiment is actually computer generated because I seem to have lost the actual stamps)
  • Inks: Memento Black, copics
  • Paper: PaperTrey Ink Ripe Avocado, Scarlet Jewel, Basic Grey dsp
  • Accessories: PaperTrey Scarlet Jewel ribbon, EK Success border punch, various stickles
  • Challenge: Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge












Peas on Earth
  • Stamps: Penny Black
  • Inks: Memento Black, copics
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Dashing, Real Red, Old Olive
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Old Olive satin, decorative label punch
  • Challenges: Technostamper sketch challenge










God Bless Us Everyone
  • Stamps: Impression Obsession
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Always Artichoke, Creamy Caramel on edges
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Deck the Halls dsp, misc scrap of gold on bell
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Artichoke seam binding, Cricut Quarter Note cartridge
  • Challenge: Lord Have Mercy sketch challenge










Musical Gift Sets
  • Stamps: Verve thank you and birthday, H&M Stamps friend, PaperTrey May the Lord, Stampendous musical background
  • Ink:  Stampin' Up Celery, Saffron, Rose Red, Baja
  • Paper: Stampin' Up CS and dsp in Celery, Saffron, Rose Red, Baja
  • Accessories: Cricut Quarter Note Cartridge, misc black satin
  • Challenge: same as previous card (looks really different, doesn't it?)


No comments:

Post a Comment