Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Last Two Christmas Sets!!!

Set 275 - Merry

I'm done with my last two Christmas sets on my quest to make sure that all of my Stampin' Up sets see ink in 2010!!  Whew!  What a relief!  You might see a few more Christmas cards on this blog because I do have other sets that have a Christmas stamp in them - but I am now done with the sets that are ONLY Christmas.



The layout for this cards comes from Inkspirations.  I started with their sketch but just kept being "forced" into changes so it ended up not looking quite like it was supposed to.  But...creativity is good, right?  I ended up stretching the sketch horizontally so my hat fit.  Then I used snowflakes for the circle in the sketch.  Hopefully you can see some resemblance to the sketch!


The colors come from ColourQ.  I really hate Glorious Green - it was the color that I would NOT miss with the recent Stampin' Up Color Renovation.  "Merry" was the second to the last Christmas set that I had to use and I knew this hat would work with stripes - so out came the dreaded Glorious Green!



Set 276 - Patterned Pines

I continue to make my goal almost unobtainable as the set Patterned Pines just came in the mail from an E-Bay purchase.  You would think that I would stop buying stamps so that I could actually finish my goal.  But...I never stop...I'm an addict!




This is for the Pals Paper Arts challenge which is basically "white" - - - make white center stage with this photo as an inspiration.  )I did add a touch of gold because I wanted to use this elegant ribbon - but all else is white.)



MERRY HAT:
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Merry
  • Inks: Stampin' Up Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Glorious Green, and Daffodil markers
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Glorious Green, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Turquoise grosgrain, Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, Stampin' Up felt snowflakes

PATTERNED PINES:
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Patterned Pines
  • Inks: Versamark
  • Paper: white
  • Accessories: PSX Bridal Embossing Powder, Sizzix tag die, Cuttlebug embossing folder, ribbon from Hobby Lobby

No comments:

Post a Comment