Sunday, December 19, 2010

the north pole express

For years Lynn has wanted to ride on the North Pole Express in Heber during the holidays. He purchased tickets a few weeks ago so we could take Ella and Madi.

npexpress2_web

The girls were so excited to ride on the big train.

npexpress5_web

npexpress7_web

I was so excited because I’ve been waiting for the girls to be old enough to take them places together.

npexpress1_eRaw_web

npexpress4_web

The kids were all supposed to wear their pajamas, which was nice because it was quite cold. Madi kept singing, “I’m going on a choo-choo train.”

npexpress6_web

We had cookies and hot cocoa (which Ella informed me is the same as hot chocolate) and the girls fought. We played games, sang carols (Ella held up one of the cards during the 12 days of Christmas) and the girls fought. The girls chatted with Mrs. Claus and then met the big man himself and then fought. He gave them each a little spinning top so they could remember their adventure and they stopped fighting for 30 seconds.
Okay, so maybe it wasn’t that bad. We finally turned the seats so they weren’t facing each other and that worked out much better. Then half way back to the depot they traded places.

On the drive home, Lynn said, “I don’t think I want to do that again, at least for awhile.” I told him I thought we could each take one of the girls in separate coaches. He laughed.

So much for happy memories. The girls have talked about it a lot, so I do think they had fun between the fighting. Maybe we’ll try it again when they get a little older.

No comments:

Post a Comment