Monday, December 20, 2010

cuddle quilts

I finished Ella and Madi’s quilts a few weeks ago. At first I thought they might be a bit busy for me, but I LOVE them.

madisquilt1_web

I used orange and green for Madi’s.

ellasquilt1_web

And pink and green for Ella’s.

I used this pattern from the Polka Dot Chair. I did make a few changes, but it was super simple and would be a great project for beginning quilters. Ella’s quilt was what I worked on at my girlfriends’ getaway in St. George in November. I completed the front, borders and back by the second day.

madisquilt2_web

Jen quilted *heart* gamma in Madi’s and *heart* momma in Ella’s.

ellasquilt2_web

The hidden shape in both quilts is a butterfly. It’s hard to see in the photo, but it’s right on top of the large flower. So darling!

ellasquilt3_web

I used some extra fabric strips on the back and took a piece from Ella’s quilt and put it on Madi’s and vice versa.

I can’t wait to give them to them for Christmas. I know they’ll be tossed aside for the fun toys, but I think they’ll enjoy them later.

Next project is a quilt for Ella’s new bed. I think I’ve already found the pattern I’m using, now I just need fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment