Monday, December 6, 2010

Scenic Season with a Bow

Set 272 - Scenic Season

Today's Clean & Simple challenge at SplitCoast Challenges gave me a chuckle.  It was "bows".  What amused me is that we had just spent time at our monthly church cardmaking discussing how people will NOT make any card with a bow.  Bows are hard!

We do do a lot of cheater bows (go way to the bottom of this linked post to see the details on the bow), but a true bow is intimidating.  I tried bringing a Bow-Easy - the bows look nice, but the Bow-Easy is intimidating in its own way.

So, for today's card, instead of a bow, I did a "bow-like" embellishment.  I simply laid out the ribbon, then a small piece of Stampin' Up Waffle Paper, then a smaller piece of ribbon and tied them all together with thread.  I glued a charm on top to hide the thread.  (I did use a larger piece of Waffle Paper than is shown  - after I tied it, I fluffed it out and then trimmed it down.



I think that I only have three more Christmas-only sets toward my goal of using all of my SU sets this year.  Mondays are the day that I have kept meeting- & volunteer-free - so stay tuned for the last few Christmas cards!
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Scenic Season (I cut the sentiment off of the tree stamp so I could use the tree stamp alone)
  • Inks: Versamark
  • Paper: white
  • Accessories: American Crafts ribbon, Stampin' Up Waffle Paper, Simple Pleasures Silver Pearl Embossing Powder, Close To My Heart Star Spangled Blue Embossing Powder, Dresss It Up snowflake "button"

No comments:

Post a Comment