Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner Burger Roundup



At the beginning of last month I announced the Thanksgiving Dinner Burger Challenge and invited all of you to create your own Thanksgiving-inspired burgers. Here are the results and let me just say, they are impressive!



Get ready to lick your chops!



Natashya of Living in the Kitchen with Puppies put together ingredients she had on hand to create one killer Thanksgiving Dinner Burger. Now this is a burger I'd like to sink my teeth into!



Natashya's turkey burger is flavored with onion, diced apple, thyme and sage, then placed atop a homemade stuffing-inspired Sage and Celery Bun and topped with a savory mushroom gravy, cranberry sauce, and spinach. Wow! A little savory, a little sweet, a whole lot of deliciousness!





To celebrate her 300th post, Teresa from A Blog About Food, made The Best Turkey Burger Ever. You can tell how tender and moist the burger is just by looking at it!



Teresa's turkey burgers were flavored with Dijon mustard, garlic, scallions, and Gruyere cheese, then topped with sauteed mushrooms and blue cheese. This burger is packed with some of my all-time favorite ingredients. I'm on my way, Teresa!



Deb of Kahakai Kitchen , a girl after my own heart, modeled her "Spectacular Side Dish Turkey Sliders" after her favorite component of Thanksgiving dinner: the stuffing. Sounds like a good idea to me!



Deb chose to incorporate all the flavors of her Mom's stuffing into her slider patties. She pulled big flavors, like onion, garlic, celery, apple, various herbs, and red pepper flakes, then topped the sliders with a homemade lemon-sage mayo, brussels sprouts, cranberry sauce and served them on potato rolls. You know those were some flavor-packed burgers!



All the way from Ireland, I am very happy that Eleanor of BrownievilleGirl chose to join us with her Thanksgiving Burger. Eleanor holds the key to my heart with her secret weapon, Wensleydale cheese with cranberries. Genius!



The Wensleydale cheese with cranberries is such a treat and I'm so glad that Eleanor elected to use it in her burger. If you haven't tried this cheese, you should. It's a very fun treat for the upcoming holidays.



Eleanor stuffed the inside of her turkey burgers with the Wensleydale cheese and topped them off with a very pretty-in-pink cranberry mayo. I think Eleanor has this Thanksgiving business down to a "T". Great job, Eleanor!



Here at Stirring the Pot, my first Thanksgiving Dinner Burgers, were inspired by sausage stuffing, which is also my favorite part of a traditional Thanksgiving menu.



My turkey burgers were a combination of turkey, sausage, grated apple, and sage and were topped with baked creamed pearl onions and spinach. I served my burgers on King Arthur's stuffing buns. We enjoyed the turkey/sausage patties immensely, loved the baked creamed pearl onions, but didn't really care for the King Arthur stuffing buns.



I still had a package of cranberries and wanted to incorporate them into a burger, so I made these Turkey Burger Crostini with Camembert and Cranberry-Jalapeno Relish. They were the perfect thing to serve at our tree-trimming party tonight.



Obsessed with the idea of cranberry mayo, I ended up mixing some into the ground turkey for these mini burgers. I layered a slice of Camembert on the crostini and allowed it to melt slightly, then topped it with the mini burger and a dollop of cranberry-jalapeno relish. They were perfect little bites, with lots of tastes and texture.



A HUGE thank you to everyone who participated in the Thanksgiving Dinner Burger Challenge. It was so much fun to read about your burgers and see the final outcome. I loved them all and am so happy that each of you took the time to share them!



The links for each burger are provided above in case you'd like to read the individual posts and get the recipes.



If I left anyone out, please leave a comment letting me know. I'd be happy to add you to the roundup!



Finally, as I was typing up the roundup I was thinking about how cool food blogging really is. In this roundup alone, there are 3 different countries represented: Ireland, Canada, and America. That's pretty awesome, isn't it? Not to mention that most of us blog internationally on a daily basis. We rarely stop to think about those things, but it truly is amazing! What a privilege it is to meet people from all over the world who share the same passion. Definitely something to be thankful for!



No comments:

Post a Comment