Monday, December 13, 2010

CAS CASE of Biggan

I love the phrase "CAS CASE".  I actually took me quite awhile to figure out the acronyms!  CAS - Clean And Simple; CASE - Copy And Share with Everyone!  Now if somebody would explain TFS along with the dozens of other letters that typically follow that!  (FYI: TFS is Thanks For Sharing - it's all the other letters that I don't get!)

Today's Clean and Simple challenge at SplitCoast was to CASE a specific card by Biggan.  I have always admired her cards, so HAD to play along:


Birgit's gallery is just gorgeous.  One thing that I noticed right away is a lot of textured paper - even to stamp on.  That small touch makes each of her cards so interesting, so I had to try textured paper.

I also played along with the Pal's Paper Arts challenge which was "white" along with this inspiration piece:

  • Stamps: none!
  • Inks: none!
  • Paper: Bazzill white textured, misc gold
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, EK Success leaf punch, Mark Richards gold nailheads
The Cuttlebug is actually an early product called Cut and Emboss.  The dove is difficult to find, but I did track it down at Happy Scrappin' Scrapbooking.

----------------------------

Oh my gosh!  I got a blog award!!  Andrea at EnchantINK sent me this:



As part of the award, now I have to tell you eight things about myself.  My blog is only a month old so I haven't had to do this before, but I will tell you that I am nervous about it!  As I have read other people's blogs, their lists are always so funny and so creative.  I do NOT have funny and creative writing skills.  My life isn't particularly funny (it's wonderful, but fairly normal and basic) and I have such a small amount of creativity that I have to save it for my cards!!  But here goes nothing...
  • My other creative outlet is music.  I play piano for church services.  I also dabble at organ, clarinet, recorder, penny whistle, hammered dulcimer and kantele.
  • My living room is no longer for "living", it has become a music room.  The center is fully taken up with a piano and organ.  The outer edges are full of my instruments, plus my children's trumpet and saxophone plus a variety of other odd things such as an accordian.
  • My children and I have fully converted my non-musical husband.  When my 6'2" 14-year old announced that he would rather be in marching band than play on the basketball team, my husband (a former hard-core athlete) said that he had come to realize musical groups were teams too!
  • I am a recipe-follower.  I don't vary recipes by a smidge. If I don't have a certain spice, I don't make the recipe.  This definitely makes me wonder how I can be a cardmaker as I am clearly lacking a creative, adventurous spirit.
  • My entire life is on my iPod Touch (not to mention a fair number of games).  My husband chastises my children for being on their iPods too much.  If only he knew about me!!  Having said that, a lot of my apps are essential(?) organizational apps and cookbooks (to find those recipes for which I have exactly the right ingredients!)  I even have a database app on which I have databases for such things as every Stampin' Up paper that I own sorted by color and every ribbon that I own that coordinates with the paper. 
  • I follow 142 blogs.  I probably should narrow that down but everybody has their own style or focuses on different companies.  (More on this later!)
  • I am a mathematician by training - an actuary!  I spent over 15 years in the actuarial profession before I realized that I really wanted to be a full time mom - and I have no regrets!
  • I am fairly anal and obsessive!  Not a big surprise if you read the first 7 comments!
So...that's me!

Now I am supposed to pass this along, but here's my problem.  I do follow 142 blogs and should have plenty to choose from.  But I have followed these blogs on Google Reader which makes it an extra step to leave comments and, more importantly, to establish relationships.  I haven't left a lot of comments. Now that I have started my own blog, I realize how wonderful it feels to get comments and to get to know those that are leaving the comments.  So I am fully resolved to change my ways and to take time to share my joy at seeing everybody's cards.  For now, I am not going to pass along this award - the recipients would scratch their heads and wonder "who gave this to me"?  But if I ever get another award - watch out - I will have plenty of blog friends to share it with!

No comments:

Post a Comment