Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Sunday Stamps: Meowy Christmas

I admit to being owned by two cats.  They tolerate me mainly because I have the ability to open the cat food.  In my house of men and teenage boys - I also have to tell you that it wasn't me who brought these two cats into our house.  While my men and boys claim to be annoyed by the cats, they are also the first to come get me to see what cute things the cats are doing, or they refuse to move because the cats are curled on their laps (this last one may just be a convenient teen boy/lazy male excuse!).  With the cats in our life, the Holiday Mischief set by Newton's Nook was really a must-have for me!

Meowy Christmas


Although I very much like this soft and sweet kitty - this was a card that took a left turn but my mind kept going straight ahead.  I started out with the idea of Christmas cards for my teens, from the cats. There are stamps in this set of cats getting themselves into trouble - PERFECT for my cats and teens.  I started with this tag, just one of the mischievous cats in the set.


When I decided that I liked the other cat better in my snowy scene, I briefly forgot why I was making the card.  My final card is just a little too soft and sweet for my teen boys and it most definitely does not represent the wild and crazy cats in our lives!

I used the current sketch from Sunday Stamps.


  • Stamps: Newton's Nook Designs Holiday Mischief
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Soft Stone CS and dsp
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Soft Stone, Memento Black and Copics
  • Accessories: WPlus9 Timeless Tags 2 (Hint: I find the WPlus9 website a little confusing.  They have a Die category with sub-categories.  The tag dies are not in any of the sub-categories - you have to click on the main "die" heading to see them.), MFT Fishtail dies, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Emagination snowflake punch (very old), Stampin' Up Island Indigo ribbon, Hemptique white twine, Stampin' Up heat and stick embossing powder, Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment