Saturday, November 9, 2013

Christmas with Stampin' Up

I had a wonderful afternoon this week playing at a friend's house with her extensive Stampin' Up collection!  I always find sets that I don't own myself - it's like magically doubling my collection.

The paper on this first card caught my eye.  (I didn't write down what it was called - sorry!)  I also love this particular sentiment from Christmas Messages in the holiday catalog.  I didn't get the set for myself because a number of the other sentiments just didn't really work for me.  The jingle bell is a Martha Stewart punch.

<Joyful Tidings

I used the sketch from Seize the Sketch which I thought was hard, but I have loved what I have seen others doing with it so I challenged myself to try!


I also wanted to use the Christmas tree from Special Season in the holiday catalog and the Winter Frost dsp.  Even though trees aren't typically Bermuda blue - I put the two together!  The ticket is from That's the Ticket.

Christmas Wishes

I used the Sweet Sunday Sketch because it had a big enough panel for this tree - but the challenge closed before I got the card done!


I am hoping for a relaxed day of crafting today since, after two weeks off, classes start again Monday for me.  I am a full-time college student going for a second bachelor's degree.  I am doing it online - which means I can do it with a mug of coffee in my jammies every morning.  But I discovered that the major downside is that there isn't a Christmas break!!!  Seriously!!  When I figured that out, I declared to the men and boys in my house that they had better behave themselves today - I refuse to deal with "Andrew did this" or "Erik won't let me" or "I'm bored" - I hope to craft in peace with my television channel tuned to some serious chick flicks!  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment