Wednesday, November 20, 2013

clean&simple: Happy Fall Y'All

I haven't posted for a number of days...very busy getting my house ready for a large dinner last night. My husband and I don't entertain often, nor are we particularly clean and tidy people - so we have to invite people over every so often just to force us to do basic maintenance.  We painted halls and bathroom, we started a rock garden along our walkway, and about a million other little decorating/cleaning things.

Thank you so much for everybody who thought of this gathering and said a prayer.  It was a very nice evening - great conversation, lots of laughter, but only time will tell if the church's long-term interim pastor said the words that this group needed to hear.  It's been a long and difficult year at this church. A year ago - over 400 at worship, now a good week is 150, and the youth program has been hit even harder.  The group that gathered last night had all been hurt in some way - some left the church, some stayed but not happily - but all still love the church community and all still want to see it grow again. Last night was just a dinner, but it felt like a start!

I was going to skip posting again today.  I hadn't planned on making cards, rather I was going to organize and plan ahead.  One of the things that I did was look at my fall/Thanksgiving stamps in my NBUS stash - I figure I have to get them used in the next week.  With other posts already scheduled - I needed to start today to get my fall stamps used!

This is a Hero Arts set called Happy Fall Y'All (although it also a Merry Christmas stamp).  I liked it for the idea of coloring in the dots - but when it came in the mail, I realized it was much bigger than I had thought!  The current clean&simple sketch gave me room to use it.

Happy Fall Y'All


When I saw the picture I realized that I hadn't done a very good job of blending the Copics.  I went back to fix it, the cat jumped up while I was coloring and I now have a smear across the card.  So you get to see the non-blended coloring and the original has to go in the trash.  Good thing that cat has a nice purr because this is not the first card she has ruined.

  • Stamps: Hero Arts Happy Fall Y'All
  • Paper: My Favorite Things Primitive White, Simple Stories Harvest Lane
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copics, Versamark
  • Accessories: Lil' Inkers Stitched Rectangles, My Favorite Things Fishtail dies, Sparkle 'n Sprinkle Chocolate Sparkle embossing powder, Hemptique Natural Twine


No comments:

Post a Comment