Sunday, June 23, 2013

Less is More: Happy Birthday Jen!!

This week's challenge at Less is More is to do a birthday card for Jen, one of the wonderful hostesses!  I have read and admired Jen's blog, The Tiny Blue Butterfly, for years - so I definitely had to jump on this challenge!  Jen has a wonderful clean style.  One of the things that she does very, very well is to use colored card bases while still keeping it CAS.  I decided to use a kraft base and then to use one of her self-proclaimed faves: cats, fish or butterflies!

For You
Happy Birthday Jen!!
One of the dangers of reading lots of blogs in a blog reader is that you don't see the sidebar info on each blog.  In linking to Jen's blog - it was the first time that I saw she was an accountant and that making cards is her "savior"!!  I can SO relate.  I was an actuary, I'm now studying to be an accountant and there is nothing better than moving from tangled masses of black and white numbers, into a world of color and sweetness and maybe a little bling!!  Isn't it a wonderful hobby/passion that we have all stumbled into?!

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Papillon Potpourri, Itty Bitty Banners
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake
  • Ink: Stampin Up Crushed Curry, black
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up butterfly punch and banner dies, L'il Inkers stitched rectangles, My Mind's Eye twine, Ellen Hutson Iris Blue sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment