Saturday, June 15, 2013

Catered Crop: For the Boys

The current challenge at Catered Crop is "For the Boys" - we are supposed to show our masculine side.

In my world, I am surrounded by men and boys.  When I started stamping, I had young sons who actually enjoyed getting cards, and my husband has saved everything that I have given him.  So my stash of masculine images is quite extensive. I went a couple of different directions today.

My first card relies on a masculine image and a bold sentiment...

Congrats

Isn't this guy a charmer?  Check out his blue eyes!!

Congrats Robot Close-Up

If you aren't comfortable with masculine cards, Linda at Catered Crop has not only curated a Pinterest board full of inspiration, but has also provided eight tips and hints!!  A couple of them caught my eye and I thought I would give it a try.  She mentions the current trend of geometric shapes - arrows, stars, chevrons - that they can be masculine or feminine.  She also talks about a simple color palette change.  I put those two ideas together to show you how right she is!!

Feminine...with trendy arrows.

My Whole World feminine

Masculine...exactly the same in every way except color.

My Whole World masculine

It works!!!

Head over to Catered Crop and check out all of the inspiration, tips and hints - then join in!!  I'd love to see what you create.

Robot Congrats
  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Bot Time
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Taken with Teal
  • Ink: Memento Black, Copics
  • Accessories: Sizzix Sizzlit Congrats Die, Ranger Glossy Accents, Lifestyle Crafts embossing folder, various glitter pens
You're My Whole World
  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Good Point, Words to Live By
  • Paper: Papertrey Summer Sunrise, Stampin' Up Island Indigo
  • Ink: Papertrey Summer Sunrise, Melon Berry, Harvest Gold, Limeade Ice; Stampin' Up Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Lucky Limeade
  • Accessories: misc buttons and twine

No comments:

Post a Comment