Thursday, July 21, 2011

the green monster

I'm still on my health-ier kick and doing well (except for this weekend when I went on a girlfriends' getaway). I ran across this blog and got some great recipes. I especially love this smoothie called "the green monster." It's packed with good, healthy stuff and best of all, Ella has been asking for one every day. EVERY DAY! The girl does not eat anything green because she says it's weeds and she does not eat weeds! Hmph!


I love that it uses ingredients we have around most of the time: bananas, spinach, ground flax seed, peanut butter and milk.


Just throw everything into a blender and pulse until mixed thoroughly.


Then watch your little monster gobble it up! I promise you cannot taste the spinach at all. (Love the bed head!)

Green Monster Drink (kid-friendly version)
1 frozen banana (or 1 banana + a few ice cubes)
2 handfuls of spinach
1-2 T. ground flax seed (good omega 3's)
1 T. Adam's peanut butter
milk (I add until it covers the other ingredients about 1/2 to 3/4)

Green Monster Drink (grown up version, though I also love the kid-friendly one)
1 frozen banana (or 1 banana + a few ice cubes)
2 handfuls of spinach
1-2 T. ground flax seed
1 T. ground almond butter or a handful of almonds
unsweetened almond milk

Enjoy!

P.S. This post is especially for Helen. She made my favorite green drink and put it in the blender instead of juicing and told me it was GROSS! I tried it in the blender and uhh...yeah, it was gross. I changed the recipe to only juice it. Sorry, Helen! But I promise this one is for the blender and very yummy! I will even bring you the ingredients to try if you don't believe me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment