Thursday, July 14, 2011

his own rubons...

Today I was finishing off a project down stairs with my boys floating around me. I rarely scrapbook down stairs because my oldest especially wants to touch and play with EVERYTHING! Well I had a deadline looming so I had no choice. I was rubbing  a large rubon onto my page and my oldest came over to watch what I was doing, of course he wanted to have a go too......so on my rubon sheet I had the brand name logo which was also part of the rub on and gave it to him......boy was he delighted when it appeared like magic onto his page....Being a problem solver he wanted to make his own rubons, he took the shiny backing sheet of the rubon and started drawing with texta on it, then tried to rub it onto a piece of paper, I gave him the idea of turning the sheet over after drawing on it and then rubbing...hey presto it worked, he had created his own rubons...needless to say  he spent most of the day working on his project...with a space theme of course. I loved watching him draw then turn over and carefully assess where he was going to place each drawing!
Step 1 Draw on backing sheet with texta
 Step 2 Turn it over and rub the image onto a piece of paper.
 Step 3 Carefully lift off and wait with anticipation to see if it worked.
 Step 4 Celebrate ..it worked fabulously!!!
 The finished product.
Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment