Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My slowed summer pace :o)


The chair project has been taking longer than I thought. There are a million little tiny staples ( I am saying that in a Rosanne Rosannadanna voice in my head) and since I need the fabric pieces for a template I have to remove them all. Adam has been a great help in this area and I could not be more thankful that he is finding it fun.

There are other things that have helped slow my progress, like yardwork! After being gone for three weekends the grass was taking over so I had to mow it since it was almost taller than Adam ( maybe not that horrible but close). While mowing I found some really beautiful mushrooms. I had to take a mow break and take photos before mowing them down!!!!






Then the relatives came!! I love my sister 's family! We only had them for one night before they were on their way again to Maine but any time spent with them is precious :o) 


The cousins!!!!!!



This is the progress on the chair...



I chose a new fabric. DARN YOU IKEA!!!!!! I went to look at some things and they have a new fabric! It is linen and comes in five colors...black, taupe and gray were the ones available at my Ikea. You can look online here. At $5.99 a yd you cannot go wrong no matter which one you choose!!!!!!



Looks very sad indeed :o( I will be replacing batting today/tomorrow after Katy gets her braces since I am sure she will not want to be out and about!



So, I am going to keep with my slow summer pace and enjoy this time since I know that once school starts again we will all be swamped!


Hope you are enjoying the slower (ha ha ha) pace of summer in your house too :o)

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment