Sunday, July 24, 2011

Banana, Peanut Butter, & Honey Smoothie

This week is Bevvies week at I Heart Cooking Clubs and my original plan was to buy some champagne and make peach bellinis, my favorite drink ever.  The problem is that I procrastinated and now it's Sunday and I live in a dry county.  The liquor store in the next county doesn't open up until 1 o'clock and by then I have other plans, which include sweating in the hot sun.  Perhaps one day I'll learn to stock some champagne here at the house.

Because it's a million degrees here in Kentucky no one really felt like having a hot breakfast so we opted for Jamie's banana smoothie with peanut butter and honey.  This was my first time making a smoothie with half and half and naturally I really liked it.  The half and half definitely makes the smoothie extremely thick and ultimately creamy, kinda like a milkshake.  I've also never added peanut butter to a smoothie before and wasn't quite sure what to expect but the peanut butter only lent a very light peanut butter flavor, kinda like a subtle little secret.  My husband and I really loved these smoothies and I would most definitely make them again.

 Banana, Peanut Butter & Honey Smoothie
Adapted from The Naked Chef Takes Off by Jamie Oliver
Serves 2-4

2 bananas (I used 1 frozen, 1 fresh)
1 cup light cream (I used half & half)
approx. 2-1/2 cups of ice
2 tablespoons honey
2 heaped tablespoons peanut butter

Place the banana into a blender and whizz for 30 seconds.  Add the ice and cream, honey, and peanut butter and whiz up until you get a semi-slushy milk shake consistency.

Theme: Bevvies

No comments:

Post a Comment