Tuesday, July 12, 2011

SCS Colors and Christmas in July

Today's Splitcoast Color Challenge included two blues and a red, but the optional dessert option was to do a Christmas card.  This was good timing as I got it in my head just yesterday that our church card group would hold an extra session in August to focus on all of the upcoming holidays!

I am not 100% convinced that I like this card.  I like the CAS layout.  But I was going for a wintery look on the wreath with a bright, festive red bird - singing his heart out - and it just feels "off".  Perhaps I am just a very traditional red/green cardmaker unless snow or snowmen are involved??


The festive aspect of the card is better IRL when you can see the sparkle.


What do you think??

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Berry Christmas, unknown sentiment
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Cherry Cobbler
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up gems colored with copics, Frost White Shimmer Paint (from SU), SU bird die

No comments:

Post a Comment