Saturday, July 30, 2011

CAS-ual Long and Short with Color Lab

I am finally back!!  I was only gone last weekend for a long weekend but I got back to this mess and it has just been too darn hot to clean it up. 


Plus, Scott, Erik and I have been working at the local pool's snack shack most days - think small, unairconditioned room, with multiple refrigerators, freezers, microwaves and pot of hot water generating even more heat.  Technically, the high school marching band runs it every summer as a fundraiser, but the flaw in that plan is that they have a two week marching camp in July and they go back to school early August (even though the pool is open until Labor Day) - so we parents get to run the snack shack!  Wave at my boys...


Enough whining!!

Here is my card for CAS-ual Fridays (to make a 4x9 card) and for this week's Create Ink ColorLab.


I LOVE this sentiment!!



I had a real problem getting back into cardmaking - I had two full false starts on this card...  (I didn't spend any time editing these pics)

This one just seems too dark!

This is my favorite of the batch
but I see "wedding" when I
look at it!

I even failed on my posted card.
I had originally colored the candles
in Coral thinking it would highlight
the yellow stickles, but it just
looked orange!!

I am so hoping that my cardmaking block is over...I have a wonderful weekend of cards in front of me and I am thrilled to be back in my craft corner with ink on my fingers and glitter on my eyebrows!
  • Stamps: Lawn Fawn images, Morningstar sentiment
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral, Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake and a small piece of Baja Breeze dsp
  • Accessories: Oval and Scalloped Oval Nesties, Yellow Stickes, sheer ribbon rubbed across the Daffodil pad, small piece of linen thread

No comments:

Post a Comment