Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mozzarella and Chili Crostini

Over the past few years, blogging has brought me so much happiness.  Not only do I get to indulge in food, but I get to do so while meeting some wonderful people.  So many of you I consider as friends and would love to get the opportunity to meet and hang out.  This recipe is for my friend Heather, who has had a rough week.  I wish that Natashya, Deb, and I could show up on your doorstep with good food and a good bottle of wine (or two).  It was with you in mind that I chose this recipe because it has so many of your favorite things: bread, cheese, garlic, and heat.  Wish we could share them together!
Mozzarella and Chili Crostini
Adapted from JamieOliver.Com

Tear 3 x 150g balls of buffalo mozzarella into quarters, then top each of your hot crostini with one of the quarters. Deseed and finely chop a fresh red chilli and sprinkle this over the mozzarella. Add a little seasoning and finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Lovely with a little fresh basil torn over.

Notes/Results:  This is an amazing appetizer with wonderful contrast in texture and loads of flavor.  I just love the crunchy bread with the smooth and creamy mozzarella.  I also love the idea of using diced chili in place of tomato for that extra spicy kick.  Jamie's recipe didn't call for garlic, but I chose to rub each crostini with a garlic clove before topping them.  I think these need a little sprinkling of salt too, but that's just me. Absolutely delicious!
Theme: Potluck

No comments:

Post a Comment