Friday, June 24, 2011

Paper Players and ColorLab!

I'm putting together a couple of fun challenges this morning - the sketch challenge from The Paper Players and the color challenge from Create, Ink!.



I am using one of my newer sets that hadn't yet seen ink.  The butterfly in the Stampin' Up set Strength and Hope is truly gorgeous. 


Now I am off to do some trigonometry??!!  Isn't it just amazing what we do for our children?  My 15-year old has never had a problem with math - he takes Honors and A/P classes.  But trigonometry stopped him in his tracks.  So, being "mean" parents, we found an on-line course for him to do over the summer.  Just in case he still didn't get it, I'm doing the course along with him (due to my math major and a career as an actuary).  Of course, my major was LONG ago - it's easiest to measure as a certain unmentionable percentage of a century!!??  My husband was elected to read a book along with him on the Constitution that was assigned as summer reading.  My husband's task is to help Andrew learn how to take notes.  Andrew's idea of taking notes is to spew back EVERYTHING he just read.  So they are both taking notes on each chapter, then comparing in hopes that Andrew starts to learn how to pick out the major points.  My husband and I are back in school!

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Strength and Hope, sentiment from Clear Dollar Stamps Terrific Little Tree (March 2010 SOM)
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Bravo Burgundy and Sahara Sand
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Bravo Burgundy, Sahara Sand and Pink Pirouette
  • Accessories: Spellbinders Impressabilities (embossing) and rectangle nesties, PaperTrey Ink Tiny Tags die, misc pearls colored with copics

No comments:

Post a Comment