Sunday, June 26, 2011

CAS-ual Friday: Getting Edgy

Given that I love clean and simple cards, the challenges at CAS-ual Fridays are perfect for me.  This week's challenge is "Getting Edgy".  Simply add some sort of punches, ripped, or other edge.




I have so many basic border punches, but there is such a trend right now toward big, dramatic edges.  Many companies are coming out with dies or super-sized punches to accomplish that edge.  But many of you already have a tool that works - Spellbinders Nestabilities - specifically the various Labels.  In this case, I took the biggest die from Labels 18.  I used it sideways and slid it onto my panel.  Then I rolled it into the Cuttlebug JUST to the point that the die starts to go under the paper.  (If you keep rolling you will get an impression of the remainder of the die).  Ta da!!  I have a big, dramatic edge!

  • Stamps: Our Daily Bread Bird and Butterfly Labels, Daisy Bucket sentiment
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Ripe Avocado, misc markers
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Ripe Avocado
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Simply Chartruese ribbon, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Nestabilities Labels 18, Cuttlebug embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment