Wednesday, June 22, 2011

CR84FN and SCS Sketch



I just love the CR84FN acronym - Create For Fun!  Isn't that so true??  They do a weekly color challenge which is so nice because they give the colors along with great inspirational photos.


I paired these colors with today's Splitcoast Sketch Challenge thinking that the yellow in the color scheme could be a sun.




And here's my card...


  • Stamps: Papertrey Signature Greetings
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Paper: Papertrey Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Spring Moss
  • Accessories: Taylored Expressions Leafy Branch die, Stampin' Up Butterfly Embosslit and mini flower punch, Papertrey Aqua button and Hawaiian Shores ribbon, white embossing powder

I also have the great pleasure today of passing along an award that I received back in April(!).


There are five things that I have to do for this award.

1. Say a big thank you to Jen at JENerally Speaking for passing this award along to me.  Jen has a wonderful blog focused on clean and simple cards - definitely worth a visit!

2. Post this award on my blog - here it is and only two months late!

3. List three things that I love about myself.
  • I love that I have been raised to be unfailingly polite - like when a new line opens at the grocery store - I actually let the people in front of me go first!
  • I love that I can laugh until I cry, go red in the face, and possibly snort at the antics of my wonderful boys!
  • I love that I am equally comfortable sitting on a rock high in the Rockies with a picnic lunch or dressing up and enjoying fine dining!
4. Post a favorite picture.

This is an older photo (I just couldn't face weeding through the thousands of photos in my recent files that I haven't organized in years!) but it is a great example of where my family is at our best!  We do love being in our mountains!

5. Pass the award along to five people.  This is the toughest thing yet.  I actually watch 188 blogs - sad, huh??  To watch that many, I do it through Google Reader - which means my blog reading is almost "anonymous" - I just scroll through all the posts.  Sadly, this means that I don't have any relationship or even awareness of which blogs that I am reading. 

I love it when I receive a blog award, because it forces me to slow down, pay attention to whose blog I am reading, and pay attention to who is reading and commenting on my blog.  When I have done this with past awards - I have made THE BEST blog friends.  These become the people whose blogs I view individually and take time to comment.  So...here is my list of the five blogs that I picked for this award.  These are people who view and comment on my blog and whose blogs I discovered when I slowed down.  (There are many more of you, but I just received another award - so I will be listing more in the next week or so!!)

Arlene at WaterDots
Laura at Ink & Sheep

I hope you all have fun discovering some new blogs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment