Friday, June 10, 2011

Less Is More: Monochrome

It's the last day of the Less Is More challenge to make it monochrome.  I have had this card made for days and haven't posted it because I am simply not convinced that it's CAS.  I feel like the colored background made it seem "busier".  I re-read the Less Is More instructions and it clearly says that colored cardstock is OK.  Here it is:


What finally convinced me to post it was re-doing it with white.  This card doesn't meet the challenge guidelines of monochrome, but it made me feel better about a CAS design...this feels clean to me! We all have our personal definitions of CAS, and I am clearly a person who needs true "white" space, not just open space!


For both cards I simply stamped the smaller flowers, masked them (check out this post for tips and techniques to make masking easy), then stamped the leaves by stamping once "full strength" and then again without reinking.

A big FYI - in 15 minutes I am waking up my family to start our typically frantic process of getting ready to fly out of town.  We are headed to Washington D.C. to deliver my youngest son to a leadership camp.  (Supposedly he gets to meet the occupants of the White House - we are thinking that's probably the dog!).  Then the rest of us are spending time with my in-laws.

Unlike other wonderful bloggers who have a whole week of posts prepared and scheduled for you - I was lucky to get this one up.  I have a post scheduled next Tuesday in line with my duties as Guest Designer at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.  But other than that - I won't be back until Monday the 20th.

I am sure, during the hours spent with my in-laws, I will seriously be missing my craft corner.  But I do have my iPad and I all of my favorite blogs available for reading, so I can get my card fix that way.  I'll be back soon!
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Fabulous Florets, sentiment is from Verve Miracles Blossom
  • Ink: Stampin' Up True Thyme, River Rock
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Shimmer White, River Rock and True Thyme
  • Accessories: Masking Fluid

No comments:

Post a Comment