Monday, June 27, 2011

LIM: A Sketch Challenge

After monogram week last week, Less Is More took pity on us and gave us a nice basic sketch - what a relief!!!


I was born and raised in South Dakota of German/Swedish descent, so I was trained from the cradle that there was one "sin" above all others....but I am now going to sin....wait for it....I am going to brag!!  I like my card!  (Was that too much?  Was it over the top?  Am I too full of myself??!!!)

I have no great reason for liking it.  I've seen the die cut flower with buttons done before - it's certainly not original to me.  There are probably even cards like it already posted on the Less Is More blog (but I never look until I submit!).  I like the freshness of the white, the pop of the colors and I really love the daintiness of the little 4 1/4" square.  It all makes me smile!


Now I am off for an exciting day of emptying out my son's 5th grade classroom!!  His teacher (who will also be his 6th grade teacher) won a $10,000 classroom makeover.  So my husband and I are off to pack up the old classroom.  Sadly, the son for whom we are doing this can't come.  But it's a good reason...both kids are volunteering at Vacation Bible School.  (You'll have to come back later when I post pictures of my 6'2" teenager dressed up like a Panda Bear!)

  • Stamps: SU Tiny Tags sentiment
  • Ink: only black
  • Paper: Papertrey Harvest Gold, Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest
  • Accessories: Papertrey buttons to coordinate with paper, Papertrey flower die, Stampin' Up Tag Die, Papertrey Harvest Gold ribbon, crochet thread, Cuttlebug embossing folders

No comments:

Post a Comment