Saturday, March 12, 2011

Easter...but no bows!

In yesterday's post, I had confidently promised a Friday Focus post on the different ways and tools to use to tie bows.  But..it was a beautiful day, the kids were home (teacher-only day??!!) and I HAD to craft a friend's new house in her huge new craft room.  So, there was no bow-tying at my house!  Since the title of this feature on my blog is called "Friday" Focus - there will be bows here next Friday.

In the meantime, I did put together a quick and easy Easter card.


I put this whole thing together around the gem - although there is absolutely no way I can capture it in a photo.  My local Michaels has these iridescent colored gems.  This gems is the same general color as the cardstock, but it throws out greens and blues and deep pinks.  I love the idea of this beauty at the heart of the cross.

  • Stamps: Our Daily Bread Cross of Christ
  • Inks: Memento Black
  • Paper: Papertrey Melon Berry, K&Co dsp, Stampin' Up Vanilla and Black
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Oval and Scalloped Oval punches, SU crocheted ribbon, EK Success border punch, Michaels Recollections gems
 

No comments:

Post a Comment