Sunday, March 20, 2011

Less Is More: Masculine

I think that I finally might be getting rid of the crud that I have had all week because for the first time in a week, an idea popped into my head.  The Less Is More challenge for this week is to do a masculine card and I instantly knew what I wanted to do.  But clearly, I'm still not fully recovered because it took a full 24 hours to get it done.  (You wouldn't believe how many different colors that I tried on the boat!!)  And now I am ready for a nap.

I had used the idea of a strip of color on this card and I wanted to try it in a different way.  I do go through the masking process on that original post if you think you want to try it out for yourself.




You might think that the red on the sailboat is a little odd - but that's our actual boat!!  We keep a sailboat on Lake Dillon which is in Summit County, Colorado - right down the road from the ski areas in Breckenridge and in Keystone.  It is a strange and wonderful experience to sail surrounded by snow-covered peaks.  These pictures are a little old - my little boy has gained about 6 years and I have gained (and lost and gained again) about 20 pounds!!  But do you see the sparkle on the water in the first picture that I am trying to capture in my card...





  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Uncharted Territory, Fifth Avenue Florals (sentiment)
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, copics
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Marina Mist, Whisper White
  • Accessories: Stardust and Yellow Stickles

No comments:

Post a Comment