Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Paper Players Challenges

I have so many challenges that I like to play, that I been ignoring other challenges.  But one particular challenge kept calling my name because I loved the participant cards that I was seeing.  I finally went over and checked them out - and it's a wonderful place!!

The blog is The Paper Players.  Their monthly schedule of challenges is:
Week One: Theme Challenge
Week Two: Colour Challenge
Week Three: Clean and Simple Challenge
Week Four: Sketch Challenge
Week Five: Anything Goes
 
I like the variety of challenges, but what I really like are the design team cards and the participant cards - they are totally my style!!  I read their entire blog because I kept finding cards to CASE and other fun ideas!  So even if you are not a challenge player - you can get great ideas from this site.
 
This week's challenge is a sketch and here is my card:
 


I was playing at a friend's house yesterday and pulled out this Stampin' Up set called Happiness Shared.  I had never noticed it in the catalog.  It's a sweet image, but I really didn't know it was there.  I always laugh at myself when a new catalog comes out because a chunk of my order always includes stamps that were actually in the old catalog.  For one reason or the other, I never noticed them, but the new catalog has them placed differently or has great samples - and now they pop out at me. 

This next card is an example of finding fun ideas on this challenge site.  A winner from their most recent clean and simple challenge included a very unique use of a border punch that I have used on this card:

 
It's so easy to do and I love that woven look. You can find instructions for this technique at Linda's Stampin Loft
 
FYI: I am NOT good at random.  I tried a number of times to place the flowers on this card randomly but still looking clean and balanced.  I could not do it.  So I browsed my files to get ideas.  The "random" placement of these flowers is a CASE from a card by Kay at Stamping to Share.
 
Happiness Shared:
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Happiness Shared, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Ink: Staz-on Black, Stampin' Up Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride CS and dsp, Black
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Oval and Scalloped Oval punches, Martha Stewart border punch
Celebrate You:
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Awash with Flowers, Papertrey sentiment from Take 3 Summer
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Regal Rose, Peach Parfait, Rose Red, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Regal Rose, dsp scrap unknown
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Rose Grosgrain, border punch, gems

No comments:

Post a Comment