Monday, March 7, 2011

"Less Is More" In Pastels

My very favorite challenge is the brand new Less Is More clean and simple challenge.  They have a fun variety of challenges:
  • Week 1 Colour
  • Week 2 One Layer
  • Week 3 Theme
  • Week 4 Sketch or Recipe
  • Week 5 Lucky Dip
You have to check them out. 

First of all, last week was only their 4th week in existence, and they already had 213 submissions for the challenge.  All of those submissions are linked on their blog so you have some fabulous eye candy to browse.  Click on anybody's card and you can go to their blog to read more about it.

Second, if/when you do participate, you will be inundated with comments.  The participants are fantastic at viewing your card and giving good, positive comments and advice.  I've tried each week to get through the cards but there are so many of them - I am totally impressed by all of those that make it through them all and provide comments.

This week's challenge was announced Saturday and is a color challenge - we were to use pastel colors:


I didn't get overly creative with this one.  Spring is coming - spring means flowers - flowers come in pastels.  But I did remember a Quickutz 12" embossing folder that I had in my stash and I realized it would make a good "frame" for my floral vine.  So the scalloped strip is embossed, not a layer. 

I did not start out with the idea of a "Praying for You" card but one of the things that I am fairly particular about is that my sentiment font matches the style of my card.  I think that the swoops and swirls of the image and the sentiment work very well together.

As I was reviewing the Less Is More blog to make sure that I understood the challenge - I was stunned and absolutely thrilled to see my card from last week's challenge scroll by in their ShowCASe!  What an honor to be recognized in the challenge...particularly given that it was an amazingly simple card to do.  But I guess that's the point - finding ways to create the perfect card even with the clean and simple limitations.
  • Stamps: Rubbernecker flower, sentiment unknown (sorry)
  • Inks: Stampin' Up Markers: Blushing Bride, Mellow Moss
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Whisper White
  • Accessories: Quickutz 12" embossing folder, Stardust Stickles
FYI: I am on a roll today and this is my second post - so scroll down for some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment