I created a step x step as well!
1. Gather your supplies, three pieces of coordinating Pattern paper, paper trimmer, craft glue, a glue stick, scissors, twine or wool and a sheet of thick cardboard or chipboard.
2. Trim the first piece of pattern paper in half.
3. Use the glue stick to glue the two pieces of pattern paper together length ways.
4. Fold up (about an inch from the bottom edge) across the length of the pattern papers.
5. Using the scissors snip long the bottom edge up the fold (from step 4) about three inches apart.
6. Glue the pattern paper into a cylinder measuring it around your child’s head for size.
7. Cut the card to 91/2 x 91/2 inches, the second piece of pattern paper to 11 x 11 inches and the third 91/2 x 91/2 inches.
8.Glue the larger piece of pattern paper to one side of the cardstock, mitre the corners and fold over the edges and glue down. Then flip the card over and glue the third piece of pattern to the card.
9. Using your scissors or a push pin create a small hole in the very centre of the card.
10. Add glue to the snipped edges of the cylinder.
11. Glue to the top of the card to create your hat. I then add a tassel made from thick twine, threaded it through the hole , tied it off and let it hang over the side of the hat to complete.
...and my little model!