Wednesday, July 3, 2013

CASology: ah-mazing Fireworks!!

I had to play along with CASology's Fireworks challenge - I so love the 4th of July.  We celebrate in a small mountain town in our Colorado Rockies called Frisco.  It is an all-day small-town celebration capped with a spectacular fireworks show.  In the morning, everybody walks to the pancake breakfast, then to the parade (the highlight of which is about 200 children who decorate their bikes for the 4th).  There is music and an arts festival all day. The fireworks are actually still scheduled (rare right now in bone-dry Colorado) because they shoot them off over a big mountain lake.  You can watch them from the marina - one year we did it from our sailboat but never again because fireworks debris falls on you!!  We wander over to the elementary school where people lay out their picnic blankets and you can hear kids' laughter from the play area until the fireworks starts.  It's simple and sweet and a very special part of my family's year!

I started my fireworks card with a different plan.  I figured that I could put a "thank you for your service" type sentiment and use it as an AnyHero card for Operation Write Home.  But glitter is absolutely banned for OWH as it can get on soldiers' clothing and be seen with night vision goggles.  I thought embossing tinsel would be OK but I'm still able to rub off flakes of glitter - so I switched it up to an "ah-mazing" card that I'll tuck away for some amazing moment in my kids' lives!

ah-mazing
I'm also playing along with the Patriotic theme at Simon Says Stamp.
  • Stamps: CAS-ual Fridays Exclamations, Stampin' Up July 4th
  • Paper: white
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accessories: misc red, sapphire and gold embossing tinsel

No comments:

Post a Comment