Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Paper Smooches Designer Drafts: God Will Guide You

When I saw this week's sketch at Paper Smooches - I immediately envisioned a small sailboat on a big sea.  My idea was that we are so small, but God is so big and will always be our guide!

God Will Guide You


I started out with "mistier" colors, but they were getting lost in all of the white space.  So I checked current challenges and liked the red, blue and kraft at Pals Paper Arts.


I wanted to pull out an old picture and show you our sailing experiences, but I think I have opened every folder on my computer and can't find it.  It's a wonderful shot of my two boys in their younger days on our sailboat with snow-covered mountains in the background.  Our boat is docked at the Frisco, CO marina on Lake Dillon right at the summit of the Colorado Rockies.  So it's a very unique sailing experience.  It can actually be fairly difficult as the winds swirl unpredictably and can be very strong.  Here are a couple of other pictures that I found from 2004 when we were all so much younger.(Notice that the mountains don't look huge - that's just because the boat is docked at 9,000 feet up!)



  • Stamps: Paper Smooches Wicked Nauticool, Spiritual Sampler
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Pacific Point, Real Red, Memento Black
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Woodgrain Impression Plate, Ellen Hutson Iridescent Water sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment