Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Color Throwdown 5th Anniversary! Love Is In the Air

The Color Throwdown has been giving us color inspiration for five years!  I haven't even been in the blog world for 5 years.  My blog opened on November 13, 2010.  My first color throwdown card was just 4 days later on November 17th.  So they have been an important part of my crafting career!!

I've waited a little long to participate in their fifth anniversary - it's closing by end of day today!  They are having a big party with lots of prizes and a ton of great inspiration from current and past design team members.



I played around with a number of ideas.  Most of what I was playing with involved coloring images. Have any of you had the experience that lots and lots of your Copic markers are going dry all at once? I think we all jumped on the bandwagon at about the same time - and so my markers are all about the same age and are all failing.  Sadly, even though I had a cute image for this challenge - my markers coordinating with Crumb Cake and So Saffron aren't functional.

So...new direction...I also had new-to-me dies on my desk (NBUS!!! Never Before Used Schtuff!).  I have loved the stitched squares and rectangles from Li'l Inker Designs.  When I decided to order the stitched circles I also filled my cart with a number of other basic dies - sun, clouds, balloons and the instant camera die.  I love the added interest of the stitching on their dies!

Love Is In the Air

Thank you to Color Throwdown for five inspiring and fun years!!
  • Stamps: Li'l Inkers Balloon Builder, Hero Arts tweed background
  • Paper: Stampin' Up So Saffron CS and dsp, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Crumb Cake
  • Ink: Memento Black, WPlus9 White
  • Accessories: Li'l Ink dies: Stitched Rectangles, Large Sunshine, Rainbow and Clouds, Balloons; Trendy Twine Strawberry Cupcake twine, misc heart gem

No comments:

Post a Comment