Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Rockwell Designs: Pantone Color Challenge

Jackie Rockwell of Rockwell Designs and founder of such fabulous challenges as Muse, CAS(E) this Sketch! and Fusion - is now running a fun little challenge on her blog - to use the Spring 2013 Pantone Fashion Colors.  She is using them one at a time (and in a fun little twist, she changes her blog header to match the current color!)

She's offering up a prize too - a free blog header!  If you haven't seen her work - just look at my blog - she designed it and I absolutely love it!

I also want you to make sure you still have Rockwell Designs in your blog reader.  It's been the perfect storm for Jackie - she was changing blogs about the same time we were all moving off of Google Reader and it seems that a whole lot of people lost her blog in the mess.

The current challenge is Tender Shoots (Jackie has samples on her blog).  I found it a little difficult to match (partly because my PC shows it as an entirely different color as my iPad shows it).  I picked Papertrey Ink's Limeade Ice, although I think it's yellower than Tender Shoots.

Bless You


I did start out in a different direction - I've never worked with Limeade Ice except in small doses so my first card kept it minimal. I like this card a lot but I decided I challenge myself to really showcase the color.

Sending Happy THoughts

This cards uses the new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.

Bless You
  • Stamps: My Favorite Things Cheerful Blessings
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Limeade Ice, Stampin' Up Smoky Slate
  • Ink: Memento Gray
  • Accessories: Memory Box Lorelai Outline Leaf, MFT Fishtail dies, Papertrey Ink Soft Stone button
Sending Happy Thoughts
  • Stamps: WPlus9 Strictly Sentiments 2, Hero Arts tweed background
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Limeade Ice, Stampin' Up Smoky Slate
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Smoky Slate, WPlus9 white
  • Accessories: Memory Box Dragonfly die, Taylored Expressions birch tree, misc clear sequins


No comments:

Post a Comment