Monday, July 22, 2013

Dynamic Duos and CAS on Sunday: New SU Stash

I was a little late placing my first order out of the new Stampin' Up Catalog and I just picked it up from my demonstrator.  I can never decide if my first new catalog order is boring or not.  It seems like my entire stamping budget for the month is taken up with new colors - ink, refills, paper, etc.  I only ended up with a few stamps - one stamp/punch combo, one wheel, one single and one hostess set.  Three of the four are represented on these cards (so I could claim NBUS!! - Never Before Used Schtuff!)

The first card uses the colors from Dynamic Duos.  There is a butterfly option but I didn't have butterflies in my Stampin' Up NBUS!

HB Calypso

Then I realized that I should have gone with new colors too.  I saw the challenge at CAS on Sunday which is Kraft and Twine and decided not only would it pair well with one of the new colors but it would be a nice look for the gingham wheel.

HB Strawberry

Now I can happily claim that these sets are "used" and I can put them away!!  (Sadly, with the size of my stash and the amount of new "schtuff" that finds its way into my house, I don't know when these stamps will see ink again!  Can you relate?)

Calypso Birthday:
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Flower Shop, Gingham wheel, Banner Greetings
  • Paper: white and black
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Calypso Coral, black
  • Accesories: Stampin' Up Pansy Punch, Lil' Inkers Stitched Rectangles, Hobby Lobby brand brad, misc twine
Strawberry Birthday:
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Flower Shop, Gingham wheel, Banner Greetings
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, white
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Strawberry Slush
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Pansy Punch, Lil' Inkers Stitched Rectangles, Papertrey Ink Kraft button, May Arts twine

No comments:

Post a Comment