Monday, April 1, 2013

I Feel So Blessed

It was SUCH a busy week and weekend.  The kids were off on spring break last week, but my college courses didn't take a break.  And as a church musician there are always extra rehearsals, practice and lots and lots of Easter services!!

My youngest drug me to a movie that I didn't think that I had any interest in seeing.  It's already been in the theaters so we went to a secondary theater that also served food.  I am so glad he took me because it has to be the most amazing movie that I have ever seen.  I know that I am late to this one, but if you haven't seen "Life of Pi" find a way to do it - preferably on a big screen.  We did not see 3D - it gives me a headache - but even in 2D the visuals were stunning!

I am planning on a major cardmaking day tomorrow when my kids are all back to school and I've found a way to kick my husband out during the day!  But I couldn't let this morning pass without getting a little inky.  I wanted to play in the Dynamic Duos challenge because I just haven't used Primrose enough!  And I wanted to make a thank you for a special far-away friend that I almost never see, but she never fails to remember a big event nor even the little day-to-day happenings.  So I'll also submit this to CAS on Sunday.

Just last week, I finally broke down and got the Paper Smooches set Reflections.  I love everything that I have seen with it.  I finally went for it when they came out with coordinating dies.  I almost changed my mind when I realized there were THREE sets of dies which made it quite pricey.  But this card came together so quickly and easily that I'm thrilled to own it!


I Feel So Blessed

Just a note on the colors - the Dynamic Duos challenge is Primrose plus one other color - I used True Thyme - a long-retired Stampin' Up color.  The other color is River Rock and I double-checked their rules and River Rock is considered a neutral - it doesn't count!  I've always thought River Rock and True Thyme were a perfect pairing!
  • Stamps: Paper Smooches Reflections and Spiritual Sampler
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Primrose Petals and True Thyme
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Primrose Petals, True Thyme, River Rock
  • Accessories: Paper Smooches reflections dies

No comments:

Post a Comment