Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Addicted to CAS: A Big Dahlia Bday

The current challenge at Addicted to CAS is the code word: Flower.  I added a personal challenge - that I absolutely could not use some of my much-loved flowers - I had to find one that hadn't seen ink!

Happy Bday with a Big Dahlia


Now I'm not sure why this stamp had never seen ink!  I love its open and airy look.  I can also imagine it stamped on plain paper and some subtle watercoloring for a elegant look.  However, it is big and I had a really difficult time getting it to look right on a standard card.  I decided to really showcase it by cutting the card down about an inch and then letting the flower hang over the edge.  The whole thing is still just 4 1/4" wide so it will fit into a standard envelope.

  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Delightful Dahlia, sentiment from Pretty Peonies
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Simply Chartreuse, Limeade Ice, Raspberry Fizz
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Simply Chartreuse, Versamark
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Delightful Dahlia dies, Lemon Tart Button, The Twinery Honeydew twine, Cuttlebug embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment