Thursday, April 18, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch: Happy Bee Day!

This is my second post today!

It's time for another great sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch!  I love these sketches!!  I can't tell you how many times I have gone back and used older ones for inspiration (and as part of the design team, how often I have had to stop myself from using future ones!!)  If you haven't bookmarked the page with past sketches - do it now - it will be a constant source of inspiration!

Today's sketch is no different - clean and simple, but lots of flexibility...



I had this set from Simon Says Stamp at the top of my box of new stuff and I thought the little squiggly line in the sketch could be a bee's flight path!!

Happy Bee Day


I know that I am often guilty of looking at other blogs and thinking the ideas that I am seeing are so "easy" that even I could do them.  But there is rarely a truly "easy" card.  For me, every once in awhile, a card just comes together and I am thrilled.  But mostly I experience a LOT of false starts, or smudged inks or I just plain don't like what I have done.  Today was particularly bad - so I snapped some shots of all of my false starts for this sketch!!  (The feather was my original idea for the sketch and there are probably about a dozen attempts at that one alone!)

Hopefully this sketch will go a little easier for you!!!  I'm looking forward to see what you create!

  • Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Circle Friends
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Harvest Gold
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Harvest Gold, Memento Black, copics
  • Accessories: Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter (on his wings), Tim Holtz embossing folder


No comments:

Post a Comment