Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Glitter, Glitter...Everywhere!!

I do like a hint of glitter on a card.

I do not like cleaning my desk area and the carpet and my clothes and my eyebrows(!) after using glitter.

But the challenge this week at Catered Crop is Just Add Glitter, so I now have terracotta, turquoise and yellow glitter everythere!!

Birthday Wishes 2
Here's a close up that I didn't brighten quite so much so you could see all of the glitter!!  I actually do the clear glitter quite often.  I have all of my supplies organized by how much I use them and in the most-used drawer is a can of spray adhesive and a large tupperware of Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter.  (You can get 4.5 oz. containers that last forever and nicely fill a sandwich size tupperware.)  If you ever have a panel or a die cut that just doesn't quite have the oomph that you want - give it a spritz of adhesive and drop it face down into the tupperware of glitter - just a nice hint of sparkle!

Birthday Wishes close

The embossing on the presents comes from an old product by Quickutz (now Lifestyle Crafts) called Goosebumpz.  They were little 2x2 impression dies.   I think they were just ahead of their time because Goosebumpz aren't made anymore - but they make so much sense with their tiny patterns and our love for embossing and diecuts.  (You can Google and find a few sources.)

Hope you pull out your glitter and head on over to Catered Crop   Be sure to head over this coming Sunday for the Quickfire which starts the second week of the challenge and shows inspiration from the design team.  There is an amazing variety of design styles in the team so I am sure we will see some absolutely spectacularly shimmering cards!!

  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Wonderful Words Birthday
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Terracotta Tile, Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Terracotta Tile
  • Accessories: Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter, Martha Stewart multi-pack of iridescent glitter, Martha Stewart bow punch, Papertrey Ink birthday die, Quickutz Goosebumpz


1 comment:

  1. Замечательный портал Онлайн знакомства для любви и секса для поиска партнера и отношений. Огромная база анкет людей со всего мира. Регистрация и общение бесплатно. Практичный поиск по анкетам знакомств. Регистрируйтесь и найдите свою большую любовь прямо сейчас.

    ReplyDelete