Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A very HAPPY FINISH!

This special quilt is for my son's teacher that was recently diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing chemo. The children participated in the making of the quilt for their teacher and I cannot wait for the children to see their quilt that will give Ms.V so much comfort. I will be taking it  into the class to show them and I know they will love it!


I used a Lori Holt Riley Blake Polka Dot Stitches jelly roll and Moda Bella White.  The piecing and quilting were all done with Aurifil 50wt. The batting used was Pellon Nature's Touch.


See the sweet handprints?   I could NOT have done this without the help of the a very lovely and talented lady, who I happen to adore!  Laurie Tigner!  She volunteered to quilt this quilt before it was even a real design, that is pretty incredible in my book and I ADORE and LOVE her to BITS!!!!  She brought this quilt ( all quilts in fact) to life!  THANK YOU LAURIE!


I asked Laurie if it was possible to include the children's names in the blocks with the prints and she DID IT!  I sent a listing of the names and a diagram of where each print was and she wrote each of the names with the print that goes with it.


The MOST IMPORTANT one!


I am sure this will be loved for many many years!

No comments:

Post a Comment