Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Celebrating with a Very Special Man

There is a very special man celebrating his 72nd birthday this week.  When his entire church family gathered to celebrate his 60th birthday, no one thought he would survive the year.  He has been fighting cancer for 12 years while still being a faithful and active church member; a caring husband, father and grandfather; and taking part in an incredible number of treatment trials that are sure to benefit tens of thousands of others.  Just this month, he was honored by the Melanoma Research Foundation with the Courage award.

Bill is passionate about his classic Porsche.  I've never seen it - so have no idea if this looks like a Porsche.  But I got this set years ago, strictly to use for his birthday and thought it was a perfect time to bring it out again!

Celebrate with Balloons

I haven't seen Bill in quite some time.  My husband and I talk about inviting he and his wife for dinner, but then there's another e-mail about him undergoing yet another surgery.  As I was making this card, I realized (as I do every year) that I might not be making another one next year.  I'm putting this in the mail - and then I'm making a phone call!!

This card plays along with this week's Just Add Ink.  

  • Stamps: Close to My Heart Roadtrip (old!), L'il Inkers Balloon Builders, misc sentiment and star
  • Paper: Stampin' Up More Mustard, Midnight Muse, Crumb Cake
  • Ink: Stampin' Up More Mustard, Midnight Muse, Rich Razzleberry
  • Accessories: L'il Inker Balloon dies, Studio Calico Wood Veneer, Papertrey Ink Woodgrain Impression Plate, May Arts twine

No comments:

Post a Comment