Saturday, April 20, 2013

Get Well Quilts

When I was young, I had a "sick quilt".  It only came out when I didn't feel well.  One side was silky smooth and the other was rougher with hand-tied tufts.  I remember my mom saying that she could tell just how sick I was by which side I was cuddling with.  As an adult, I've tried to find a new "sick" quilt for my family - but it just never has measured up to my childhood blankie.

WPlus9 recently came out with a quilt-building set that I just had to have for get well cards.  This first card is a tribute to my blankie.  I am not sure that I love it as a card - but I do love it as a memory!  (Check out the little "tufts"!)

Get Well Quilt

I was inspired by the WPlus9 Mood Board.


And I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.


  • Stamps: WPlus9 Quilt Prints, A Pocketful (sentiment)
  • Paper: white and Papertrey Vintage Cream
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Real Red, Gumball Green, Bashful Blue
  • Accessories: WPlus9 Pocketful die, October Afternoon button, cream crochet thread

No comments:

Post a Comment