Sunday, February 10, 2013

You're a Superstar!!

I should most definitely not be making cards today.  I have church to attend, a paper to write for my new world of college classes, and I promised my son a trip to the mall for new shoes.  But today's contest for Papertrey Ink's 6th Anniversary included a sketch that was absolutely perfect for a card that I need.

My youngest has been wrestling.  I have no idea why - he's a little toothpick - and he's wrestled for all of 3 weeks while other kids have been doing it as a club sport for years.  The teams are an odd mix of total beginners and multi-year national champions.  My poor guy always seems to get paired against a national level wrestler, but he's a fighter.  In one recent match, the father behind us - not knowing he was talking about our son - was saying that the other guy was a national level wrestler but that our guy was giving him a good fight.  About that time, the whole crowd gasped - and the father said "Ouch, arms don't bend that way" - talking about my son, of course.  He's totally OK but I'm not sure that I've recovered!!?  So, I wanted to do a card for the end of the season in one week (thank goodness!) that told him he was definitely our star!!

Super Star

My card followed this sketch from Papertrey Ink:


This is a card that if I had all the time in the world - I would re-do...

If I could do it over, I would move the "V" and the embellishments to the left.  Good design follows a 1/3 rule - the sweet spot.  My focal point is just a little too far to the right to be in the sweet spot and so it looks off balance.  My 13-year old is most definitely NOT going to notice so it is going to stay as is!!


  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Star Prints, Faux Ribbon
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Ocean Tides
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Ripe Avocado and Ocean Tides (this was a color combo in one of their recent Make It Monday challenges)
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink buttons in Pure Poppy, Ocean Tides, star punch, glitter


No comments:

Post a Comment