Saturday, February 2, 2013

Headlining at RETROsketches!!!

I have the amazing honor and privilege of headlining at RETROsketches!!  They have an amazing team of designers.  Each sketch is so unique and creative and come from cards that the team had made in the past.  Later in the month, there will be a sketch based on one of my past cards - I am thrilled!!!!

This week's sketch comes from a card by Kasia Curry.  (It will be interesting to see what her new take on her card will be as she has a brand new baby boy and is likely a little sleep deprived!  Congrats Kasia!!)




I need a card for my teenage son.  He studied more than I have ever seen him study for two tests this past week and I want to be prepared when the results come out.  (Fingers crossed!).  The "deserve it" part of the sentiment doesn't come from the idea that he's a nice guy and deserves good results - I want to emphasize to him that he worked hard and that's what it takes!!

Congrats You Deserve It

I obviously did not focus on the four individual heart elements, but I was inspired by the vertical "stripes" formed by the row of hearts.  I wanted to keep my card as minimal as possible since it is destined for a teenage boy.
  • Stamps: Verve Treasured Words
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Real Red
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
  • Accessories: Memory Box Piestra Tile Die, My Favorite Things Fishtail dies, A Flair for Buttons (etsy), misc star punch, Timeless Twine, Crazy for Kraft, Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter (on the star)

No comments:

Post a Comment