Saturday, February 9, 2013

Retrosketches with some Papertrey Love

This is my second post today!

A number of challenges came together for me this week (I love it when that happens!!).  There is a new sketch at retrosketches.


I didn't really want to use a heart because I am pretty much done with Valentine's Day.  In digging through my die stash, I found the notched flower dies from Papertrey Ink.  This made me think about the fact that there is a lot going on at PTI this month with their sixth anniversary.  One of the things going on is CASing their design team and the prize is the first $300 of stuff on your wishlist.  Wouldn't that be nice?  Of course, they have hundreds and hundreds of entrants, but you can't win if you don't try!!

I have always liked this card from Maile Belles.  I've actually totally CASed it already - but I wanted to focus on what I like best - the neutral, soft gray background and the pop of vibrant color.

Love You So Much
At the point that I was picking the sentiment - I remembered another challenge at A Passion for Papertrey: Love Is In the Air.  So after my attempt to avoid a heart - I still ended up with a love card!!
  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Signature Greetings, Turning a New Leaf
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Soft Stone, Raspberry Fizz, Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise dp and Vellum Cardstock
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Soft Chartreuse, Memento black
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Notched Flower die, Turning a New Leaf die, Summer Sunrise button, Impression Plate, misc twine, Spellbinder rectangle die

No comments:

Post a Comment