Sunday, February 10, 2013

For a Gumdrop Lover

I have been married for 23 1/2 years to a gumdrop, jelly bean, gummi bear lovin' man and I think I finally have the perfect Valentine's card!!

Sweet Love
Sweet Love closeup

Now I just have to stop by Sprouts and buy a big bag of bulk gumdrops!!

The sentiment was actually created as a square-shaped two line sentiment.  (It's from The Alley Way Stamps adoraBOWL.)  Never be afraid of cutting your stamps so they fit.  I played a long time trying to create a card with the square sentiment and it just didn't work.  My only advice is to cut the stamp with some sort of curve so that it can easily be fit back together in perfect alignment.


The gumdrop is from a new set by The Alley Way Stamps called Tiny Treasures.  A few weeks ago for the new release blog hop, I used the mushroom, lighthouse, fish and pinwheel.  My plan for today was to use the bird and/or the snail.  You can see there is quite a variety of stamps in this set!!  But then I saw the new challenge from Addicted to CAS: Candy.  I can't believe that I hadn't put two and two together earlier to create this candy card for my hubby!!


  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Tiny Treasures, adoraBOWL
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Real Red, Green Galore, Pumpkin Pie
  • Accessories: Ranger Glossy Accents, Martha Stewart Crystal Fine glitter, Timeless Twine, Papertrey Ink Take Three die, Mark Richards silver metal hearts



No comments:

Post a Comment