Thursday, February 7, 2013

CAS on Sunday with TAWS

There's a new challenge out there called CAS on Sunday and this week's challenge is a CAS Valentine.  This fit perfectly with my "job" to re-inspire you for The Alley Way Stamps BE Inspired challenge.  The challenge picture is this very simple mug and cookies!


I was inspired by the stack of cookies which I changed to a polka-dot harlequin border(!?) and the one big bold heart.
i heart you
I also have to give credit to Catered Crop for their polka dot inspiration.  I originally started out with a plain yellow harlequin strip (actually I originally ORIGINALLY started with a red strip) but it seemed too heavy.  I was ready to give up on this simple card when I saw the Catered Crop polka dot challenge.  I pulled out the brightest polka dots that I had and it works!!

(Hey Carol!!  Yes...I changed it again after you left!!)

I hope you are feeling inspired because these challenges go perfectly together!!
  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Mad Gab
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Polka Dot Parade
  • Ink: Memento black
  • Accessories: Dress It Up button, Timeless Twine Lemonade Yellow, Close to my Heart Bitty Sparklers, My Favorite Things Harlequin die

No comments:

Post a Comment